Coaches are available, for lessons, problem solving, tool trials, or any other woodturning matter. They love to hear from newbies, experienced turners ... the whole lot. They each have debts to pay from the long time turners they learned from that they can only take care of by "paying it forward" . Feel free to contact them and set up a time. Coaching is normally done in the coaches shop.
Non-members interested in trying out woodturning one on one to see if it is of interest are welcome as well.
- Bill Juhl 530-265-0203 Nevada City Bowls, natural edge bowls, harvesting wood, burls, sharpening, tool selection, lathes
- Phil Sargent 916-789-1172 Roseville Bowls, natural edge bowls, wing bowls, embellishing, balls, tool use
- Tom Castaldo 916-791-7544 Granite Bay Christmas ornaments are his main thing, but he does it all. Segmented among others.
- Neil Devore 916-253-7208 Lincoln Bowls, platters, pocket mirrors
- Jerry Hall 530-913-8614 Lincoln Sharpening, bowls, boxes, beginning turners
- Ed Larson 530-582-8521 Truckee Bowls, tool handles, boxes, sharpening, coring
- Arnie Lund 530-346-2513 Colfax Bowls
- Dave Peters 530-615-4362 Penn Valley Tops, use of skew
- Jim Cochrun 530-615-1409 Penn Valley Pens
- Karl Miller 530-432-2402 Penn Valley Bowls